dear mars hill

Look. Watch. Listen. Online.

Want to print a copy of Rob’s letter? Download a text version now.

Click the player on the left to watch this week's teaching online. Plus, if you want to receive the audio of each week's teaching automatically, just subscribe to our podcast and we'll drop the download onto your hard drive for you.

17 Responses

1. Andrew says:

You’ve got us hanging around your neck.

We’ve got you hanging around ours.

Grace and peace.

2. Gary Craig says:

I have been succoured by the podcasts.
    I have enjoyed the thrust of the preaching.
    I have been challenged encouraged and able to get up from my failures to serve again.

3. Jerry DePoy Jr. says:

I am thankful to God for His scandalous grace.

and Peace,

- Jay DePoy

4. Jerran Orwig says:

I am very thankful to have been a part of this church when I was at Calvin…and years later I still follow online.

Thank you, Mars Hill, for being inspiring and the revolutionary church that you are.

Rob, we will miss you! Thank you for your years of love and service to us and many blessings as you move forward!

Grace + Peace,
    Jerran

5. Scott Schneider says:

Wow! I have been listening and reading Rob Bell since 2003(I learned of Ray Vanderlaan even before then and loved his teaching). I have been to seminary and am a pastor and Rob Bell’s teaching has given me freedom to go deeper, to stop taking flesh back into words, to not allow theolgoical traditions thwart the size of my God. I commend you to stay true even when the evangelical world has said things that are not reflective of someone who has truly met the resurrected Christ. Even though the stones were meant for Rob they fell on me. Even though I was dazed a bit, seeing Rob go toe to toe has helped me to stay with my convictions to err on the side of compassion and grace and mercy because I am aware of all of my shadows and no one needs those things more than I. Thank you!

6. Ron & Linda Baker says:

Thanks for making a difference, Rob.
    Grace and Peace,
    Ron & Linda

7. Traci Graske says:

Rob,

I heard you preach on forgiveness at Woodland Hills Church – and the message changed my heart. You have an amazing gift. I as listened to your farewell letter/message, I knew that you were not done, that you will touch many more lives. I will pray for your family, for those at Mars Hill, and for those that are yet to be touched by your ministry.

Blessings,
    Traci

8. Andrew says:

There’s a Bible verse about the Gospel going out into the world before Christ returns. It used to scare me to no end. Now it reminds me again and again about what the Gospel is – an unstoppable force of love that can’t be contained to one place. The Gospel – the love of God – goes out. May it carry you to wherever love is needed, people are hungry for truth, and darkness needs to be turned to life. Amen.

9. Sheila Kay says:

Rob —
    Take care of yourself.
    Get enough rest & relaxation.
    So many people are in need of the
    REAL Good News.

10. Catriona says:

The teachings of Mars Hill, and of Rob Bell in particular, have been like water to me in an utter desert. They have been part of God’s rebuilding of my faith.

Thank you Rob, and thank God for your gift.

I’m on the other side of the world, but I’m going to keep listening and following the life of this church and I hope that God will continue to speak to me powerfully as he has before. All power to you, Shane and the others who are now taking up the baton.

God bless.

11. Bill Baltrus says:

Rob,

You have profoundly influenced my spiritual life, and I will wish your teachings.

My 15 year old son looked up Love Wins yesterday on Google, and asked me if he could read the book, How cool is that?

I will remain indebted to you for teaching me that Love Truly Wins, and the Word became Flesh and that Grace And Peace is the best way to greet people.

Grace and Peace to Mars Hill Community!

12. Larry says:

our bread, be fresh
    our wine, be old
    let’s find them both inside ourselves

ours

13. Larry says:

Our bread, be fresh
    Our wine, be old
    Find them both inside you

14. Larry says:

Our bread, be forever fresh
    Our wine, be forever old
    Find both in you

15. Ray says:

Our bread, be forever fresh
    Our wine, forever old
    Find them both inside you

16. Twigz says:

Rob,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have listened to you for years now. You are like a campfire my friends and I gather around to warm up with. You have put flesh back on Jesus for me. You have made him into a man I can wrestle with, laugh with, and live with. Thank you. Where I come from, it is now a common phrase with my friends to end with “grace and peace.” This if from you, from God. Thank you for being Jesus’ hands and feet. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will be with you in spirit, mind, and prayer. Go get ‘em, tiger.

17. Catrin says:

Dear Rob,

you challenged and changed me through your teachings and books. You got me to wrap my brain around Jesus, love and hell in new and fresh ways and I do thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Fare well and keep changing the world,
    Catrin from Germany